Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We've been through...

Everything together!!! 

Ryan and I, that is. Tomorrow is our 5 year anniversary, (facebook refuses to let me forget. I've been getting notifications saying that our anniversary is Thursday, and now tomorrow, since last Thursday. :))

I'm sure I'll make a sappy post with some of our favorite pictures and memories, tomorrow while I'm at work, and while he is working, too. But, for now I'm focusing on something a bit different....

5 years is a long time. It kinda freaks me out when I'm around a five year old and begin to think about it. Isn't that just weird?

5 years is a long time... we've both gone off to college(s) in that time, moved in and out of dorms repeatedly, moved into apartments, seen at least 4 different couples of friends and family get married (half of which, we've been together longer than... weird!), been there for each other through sicknesses, surgeries, hospitalizations (I'll admit - he's been there for me through all of those. Not that I wouldn't be there for him; he just doesnt get sick...), graduations from high school & college (for him), numerous new jobs (and finally a career-type job, for Ry!)... 

Yesterday was our relax day. It was his last day of freedom, before his M-F 8-5 job. We went out to lunch (at 5 guy's!!), planned to go see his new office building ...

Okay, okay, I don't suppose I can ever say we've been through everything, but... we've been through a lot and yesterday just added to the number.

On our way from lunch to his office building, we had a wreck. We're both fine. Just a bit bruised and scratched from the airbags, sore from the impact and whip-lash, and just tired!

Ry's car, however, isn't...fine. We're not sure if its totaled yet or not, because it's such a new car and is still worth so much. Yeah, it's the same car that his Grandmother got brand new this time last year as an early graduation gift (before that we were sharing mine and did so for about 2 years and it worked just fine and now, we are again...) 

Ryan was amazing, as always, through it all. He made sure I was okay and taken care of. He helped me out of the car and onto the curb and we sat and waited as the paramedics and police came. Then we called Lane, who is also amazing, to come get us and take us home. Lane treats me like a sister in the best and worst ways, he picks on me like crazy, yet makes sure I'm taken care of too. And, I mean, I may be the butt of his jokes sometimes, but they're still hilarious.

So, Ryan and I rested, iced our bruises and got ready for his first day! We did laundry, ironed new work shirts, and made his lunch together :)

He picked me up (I let him have my car for the night) at 7 ish this morning. I didn't even know people were awake at that time!! Okay, I atleast didn't know Ryan could ever be awake at that time! ;)
I dropped him off and his office building, and finally saw it.
He texted during his lunch break and said that it was "fine." That means its great for him. :)

I'll miss that little ford if he does have to get a new car. It helped protect us. All the airbags deployed, front and side. ...that was an ... experience. The windshield and the front 2 windows cracked and began to shatter, but we weren't scratched from that. Although, I did find glass in my clothes when I changed that night.  And we both had our seatbelts on.

Ultimately though, our Savior and Father God protected us.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know you guys had a wreck! I'm glad you're ok! It's nice to have someone there with you when big stuff happens - good or bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that Maggie. Glad y'all are ok and Congrats on five year! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I can't agree more, Susan!! Big stuff, both good and bad, is going to happen and I'm so lucky I have Ryan there for it all! :)

    Thanks, Laura, for both!! I'm so pumped about our anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete